Legal Unpaid Internship
The unpaid internship program is offered in our downtown Brooklyn office, where we conduct a diverse practice specializing in Personal Injury Law.
Our general practice also includes:
IMMIGRATION — Family & Employment-based;
REAL ESTATE transactions;
MATRIMONIAL — Contested & Un-contested;
WILLS and ESTATE PLANNING; and
BANKRUPTCY — Chapter 7, 13 & 11.
Successful candidate(s) will gain experience in all aspects of LAW PRACTICE under direct attorney supervision and will receive training in:
- Writing Legal Memos on Motions for Summary Judgment, Motions to Dismiss, Temporary Restraining Orders, PI, Attachment;
- Training in ECF, PACER, NYSCEF, and more;
- Interviewing Clients, Court Appearances;
- Working with government agencies.
- Drafting Complaints, Answers, Affirmative Defenses & Counterclaims;
- Conducting Discovery, such as Automatic Disclosures, Interrogatories, Requests for Document Production, Deposition Appearance;
- Promoting law firm on social media.
Great Opportunity for
- Paralegal and Legal Marketing Students
- Recent law school graduate or law student looking to obtain crucial experience in above specialty work in a competitive market or to apply to future careers.
- Attorney from a foreign state with limited knowledge about NY/Fed practice.
Gain hands-on legal experience in a fast-paced law firm with experienced attorneys and staff. Mentors will work one-and-one with intern, and interns will be assigned tasks most geared to their interest.
Interns can also receive academic credit under school program, and a letter of recommendation upon request and successful completion.
Fluency in foreign languages such as Spanish is a plus.
How to Apply
Fill out the form below: