Jail Neglect & Abuse
Jail Neglect & Abuse
Once a citizen is taken into police custody, the police department and the jail assume responsibility for that person’s safety. If an inmate is injured or dies because of abusive treatment or negligence, the city or county may be financially liable.
Jails present many dangers, and inmates have little recourse to complain. Figeroux & Associates will represent victims of jail abuse, including seeking awards for family members of those who died in custody. We practice in New York City. Call us at 1-855-768-8845 to discuss your possible lawsuits.
“A nation’s greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members.”
— Mahatma Gandhi
Jail Abuse and Neglect Lawsuits
The Law Offices of Figeroux & Associates has handled wrongful death claims arising from abuse and negligent care. We handle all civil rights lawsuits and wrongful death cases stemming from incarceration:
* Medical neglect — Failing to diagnose and treat serious conditions, withholding necessary medication
* Assault — Beatings by jail personnel, failure to segregate violent inmates, failure to respond to complaints of physical abuse or sexual assault
* Cruel and unusual punishment — Withholding food or medical assistance, excessive restraints, retaliation for reporting abuse, sexual exploitation, unauthorized punishment meted out by staff
* Mental illness — Failure to protect emotionally disturbed inmates from themselves or predatory cellmates. failure to provide psychiatric care and suicide prevention measures
* Under staffing/failure to monitor — Failure to provide the mandated level of supervision under New York law
Figeroux & Associates has handled civil rights litigation for nearly 15 years. We can represent you or your family in jail abuse lawsuits under the Eighth Amendment. If you suffered physical or emotional harm, believe that a family member is being mistreated, or lost a loved one who died in custody, contact our Brooklyn, New York, law office to discuss your rights and options.
New York, Civil Rights Attorneys
The NYPD’s stop-and-frisk practices raise serious concerns over racial profiling, illegal stops and privacy rights. The Department’s own reports on its stop-and-frisk activity confirm what many people in communities of color across the city have long known: The police are stopping hundreds of thousands of law abiding New Yorkers every year, and the vast majority are black and Latino.
If you wish to file a claim against New York City for your Civil Rights violation, call our hotline at 1-855-768-8845.
Figeroux & Associates has achieved justice for victims of police misconduct, employment discrimination and other civil rights violations. Figeroux & Associate has also established a respected law practice also handles serious personal injury and wrongful death claims, criminal defense and child dependency claims.
Set up your free consultation with us today!