Woman killed after bathroom appliance malfunctions in Queens, creating carbon monoxide leak

By Eyewitness News

A woman is dead after a carbon monoxide leak in her Queens apartment.

Police say the woman was found unconscious Tuesday night in the building on Leavitt Street in Flushing. Other residents were temporarily evacuated and the building was vented.

The woman was rushed to Flushing Hospital but was pronounced dead. The leak was traced to a faulty water heater in the woman’s apartment and is under investigation.

Fire officials say smoke and carbon monoxide alarms were present but not operational. No other apartments or residents were affected, the utility said. It’s not yet known what caused the appliance to malfunction.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *